 |
| Choir maybe 1966 |
 |
| Howie Morarie, Gloria Stairs, Galilee Borden |
 |
| Elizabeth Lotz, Charlotte Metzgar |
I am going to write one final blog on my Tambo Memories blog which I believe will be the last I write. I have many good memories but no more stories.
I was privileged to meet with the Investigation team on the Tambo Abuse in early March I think it was. I was impressed that they were not seeking for scandal or to cover up any wrong doing. They are very much seeking for the truth of our individual experiences at Tambo.
I did not feel I had anything to tell them but was surprised at the flood of memories this meeting has evoked.
Those at Tambo with me, knew I was dismissed from Tambo early in the Fall of 1964. It was in fact an unjust dismissal, where the staff in charge, at that time, concluded Paul Hale and I were deliberately breaking rules because they judged something they saw incorrectly and determined we were lying to them when we were questioned. Paul's brother Philip Hale and a friend Bruce Pencille were also dismissed at the same time because they determined those two were deliberately seeking to bring dissension with the other students. There was truth to the dissension but it was because Bruce had questions the staff were incapable of giving satisfactory answers for, and so Bruce began to ask others at school. The questions were hard. Bruce was a young man who was seeking to follow the Lord at that time, but he had a questing mind and they were real questions. We were all dismissed the same day.
 |
| Paul Hale |
My friend Paul Hale was punished for being my friend as Philip was punished for being Bruce's friend. Paul was a very true young man, who loved the Lord and moreover sought to follow the rules at Tambo sincerely. My relationship with him was a blessing in my life and a very real part of my own seeking to know the Lord in truth in my life.
In my own opinion Paul was the most harmed by this action. Of course, I was not close enough to Philip and Bruce to judge their hurt.
For my part - I believe I was in fact the least hurt. I was mostly uncaring. I had the opinion they were just adults that didn't know what they were doing. I know, at 16 that was a bit bold of me, but in those days I had absolute belief in my own outlook. In retrospect I suspect the staff found me a right royal pain in my attitude. I was not seeking to circumnavigate their rules. It was more a case of I was sitting down at their command, but standing up inside.
But, I deeply loved my time at Tambo. I was allowed to return to school in the January term and finished my school there. I believe my time at Tambo was a blessing from the hand of the LORD, a rescue in my life from the paths I had been taking.
 |
| First Bridge 1966 |
Yes, I had some hard times but in time I saw the problems as a very positive part of my life. I want to thank Dave and Elizabeth Lotz, and Mabel Hurst especially for all they added to my life. I also found Bill Pittenger's teaching style very positive. Otherwise, I'm deeply grateful to my fellow students. I was very blessed in the wonderful people I went to Tambo with. Thank you one and all.
So this will be good-bye
Cheers
Galilee Borden Weldon
No comments:
Post a Comment