Tambo

Tambo
Tambo from the air

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Model airplanes and parties

Herb's memories of model airplanes called to mind an incident that happen later. If anyone reads this memory that remembers it differently I will be glad to have any input. The high school boys were living then in the second dormitory to go up because of space issues. It was mostly a shell with a roof at that point. The girls were now in the farther dorm that the guys had been in the year before.

The high school boys were out at the edge of the soccer field flying their model airplane. It was going sweetly. Bonnie Ziegler and I were standing looking on, as I was trying to get the attention of one of the high school guys when we noticed a little tin holding the fuel needs to run the model airplane. Wow, I thought, that would get some much desired attention. We walked up behind the guys and just reached down and picked it up. They didn't even notice. Then we quietly left with our treasure, snuck into the boys dorm - a huge NO NO and went into the room we hoped belonged to Roger Brown and put the tin on his bed.

Well, not 15 minutes later a huge cry went up. The guys were out for blood, wilding accusing everyone. They were so mad, they ran into the girls dorm to do a room to room search, and ended up forcing open one of the doors held against them - 2 rather shaken girls - not guilty of taking the fuel tin - were furious.

The whole episode was only about 1/2 hour from start to finish but ended up in the boys having to apologize to the girls and give them a party. I do not remember if Bonnie Ziegler and my part in this episode was ever discovered. Oh, and I didn't succeed in getting any attention. HA!

No comments: